Custom Agricultural Intelligence Inc., a progressive leader in customized crop health therapy formulation is seeking an experienced Logistic/ Procurement assistant.
The Procurement and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
S/he will provide timely staff services and efficient office operations in the areas of logistics, procurement, inventory management, supplies of goods and services, and report to the Director of Operations and Chief Executive Officer.
The ideal candidate has a business-related bachelor’s or master’s degree, has worked in a Procurement and Logistics Assistant position in a busy warehouse environment, can quickly switch gears to handle a range of duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process import and export shipments and make bookings with ocean carriers and truckers.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Ensure cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the needs of the project.
- Respond to procurement/logistics requests related to supplies, materials for project activities.
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials.
- Arranging the logistics aspects for delivery of products to growers across Canada
- Assist in tracking the status of payments to suppliers and vendors.
- Ensure smooth coordination procurement and delivery processes in the company.
- Assist project staff as required in ensuring smooth coordination, procurement and delivery processes.
- Complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, invoicing, etc.) forwarding follow-up with tracking and tracing to destination.
- Draw up general service agreement for vendors and contractors.
- Work with vendors to schedule shipping and delivery times of goods or services.
- Ensure proper storage of delivered raw materials or goods at the warehouse.
- Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The successful candidate(s) will have:
Knowledge of procurement best practices, trade agreements, contract law and contract negotiations;
- Strong communication, relationship-building, and customer service skills to work effectively in an evolving environment; and
- Excellent project management, problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills along with a strong attention to detail.