We are looking for a reliable Production Assistant to join our team. They will undertake production assistant duties and providing adequate support when needed. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing tasks and should be self-motivated and trustworthy.
Work, Duties and Responsibilities
Work, Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions.
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
- Maintain the production pace of other team members
- Move product and raw materials to and from inventory using a forklift and skid steer. Must be certified or become certified in the operation of a forklift and skid steer.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions on products, raw materials, and issues affecting the smooth operation of the plant to your supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- May be required to stand for long periods of time and work overtime hours if /when required by your supervisor. Also, you would be responsible for cleaning the blender after each production circle.
- May involve some repetitive motions and MUST adhere to the safety protocols in place
- Must wear proper PPE as required by law and management.
- Must be able to lift up to 25-50 pounds.
- May also engage in frequent bending, stopping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
- Handling chemicals in a safe manner, utilize and understand the Material Safety Data Sheets MSDS to identify and understand chemicals training provided (WHIMS).
- Perform basic visual inspections on products
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties
Full-time – Mondays to Fridays
$16 to $18 / hour