Work, Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions.
Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
-Maintain the production pace of other team members
-Move product and raw materials to and from inventory using a forklift and skid steer. Must be certified or become certified in operation of a forklift and skid steer.
-Report defective materials or questionable conditions on products, raw materials and issues affecting the smooth operation of the plant to your supervisor.
-Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
-May be required to stand for long periods of time and work overtime hours if /when required by your supervisor. Also, you would be responsible for cleaning the blender after each production circle.
-May involve some repetitive motions and MUST adhere to the safety protocols in place
-Must wear proper PPE as required by law and management.
-Must be able to lift up to 25-50 pounds.
-May also engage in frequent bending, stopping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
-Handling chemicals in a safe manner, utilize and understand the Material Safety Data Sheets MSDS to identify and understand chemicals training provided (WHIMS).
-Perform basic visual inspections on products
-Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties
*Must be able to commute to Sedley occasionally
Summary Job Description – Microbiologist
Tasks would include:
- Detecting the presence of pathogenic micro-organism from crops, and other biological sources and identify them.
- Preparing culture media, sterilization and pouring media plates for microbial growth from different samples.
- Monitor and identify microorganisms from their physiological and morphological characteristics
- Collecting agricultural and environmental samples from a variety of locations.
- Knowledge of agricultural research methods
- Equipment calibration and maintenance of good lab practice.
- Record, analyze and interpret data. Ensure data is recorded accurately in accordance with set company guidelines.
- Develop and document various microbiology laboratory processes and prepare final reports.
- Assist and perform various tasks needed in the laboratory.
- Write research papers, reports, and reviews.
- Investigate the relationship between microorganisms and disease, including the control of epidemics and the effects of antibiotics on microorganisms.
- Study growth, structure, development, and general characteristics of bacteria and other microorganisms to understand their relationship to human, plant, and animal health.
- Other tasks as assigned by Management
- Knowledge of DNA extraction, and sequencing, using standard biological techniques such as PCR, gel and electrophoresis is a plus
- Agriculture knowledge and experience
- Ability to handle hazardous chemicals
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Degree in Microbiology or Biochemistry or any other related field
- Experience in laboratory setting using electron microscopes, weighing equipment, and preparing reagents
- Works well in team setting
Summary Job Description – Crop Monitoring Assistant
We are looking for a team member to join our comprehensive Crop Monitoring Program that will give farmers access to accurate and timely information in order to make the best decisions. The successful candidate will be engaged with data collection via UAVs, Satellite images and soil testing as well as data interpretation, communication with clients and working with other members in the Crop Monitoring Program.
Tasks would include:
Accompanying drone operator on missions to farms as visual observer
Basic drone operations once acquired license
Assistance with soil sampling in the field
Processing and interpreting data using multi-spectral imagery
Research projects with custom plant health indices, soil zonation
Writing reports on research projects and for clients
Assist with engineering drawings and designs
Assist with surveying projects for construction
Geo-spatial mapping and use of satellite data
Other tasks assigned by Management
Agriculture knowledge and experience
Experience with Microsoft Office
Experience with photogrammetry software (Pix4D)
Experience with drafting software (AutoCAD, Civil3D) is considered an asset
Organized and able to follow procedures
Work on a team with others
This position will require travel during the day with team members to locations within Saskatchewan and Manitoba.