Test soil/tissue samples for the presence of pathogens for various disease to minimize the risk of future yield loss.
We provide a paramount soil testing platform that includes the identification and quantification of pathogens for various crop/plant diseases such as (Ascochyta blight, Black leg, Clubroot, Chocolate spot, Fusarium, Sclerotinia stem rot, Root rot, Verticillium stripe, White rust, White leaf spot, Grey stem, etc.).
Detection of pathogen infections at the early stage will help reduce the severity and impact of the diseases and minimize crop/plant yield loss.
We test soil and plant tissue to determine the pathogen level, provide the assessment of spore distribution and indicate the risk spots in your fields. In addition, we suggest whether to apply any treatment to your crop or implement proactive management strategies to prevent the spread of crop/plant diseases.
Pathogen Testing Service
- Our paramount testing platform includes the identification and quantification of pathogens for various diseases.
- Our developed method identifies the exact spore count in very low levels (~100 – 500 spores/0.25 g) to high levels of pathogen infections in soil, root and crop tissues.
- The advanced international set-up of real-time PCR (qPCR) generates high-quality data which is highly specific to individual pathogens.
- We use custom primers and probes with improved purification and extraction methods, under specific guidelines to accomplish pathogen detection in rapid time.
- Our quality control protocols include control samples, instrument blank and method blank to confirm no cross-contamination and eliminate non-specific/false results.
- Our testing methods have been rigorously evaluated for detection limit, accuracy, precision, repeatability and reproducibility.
List of Pathogens Tested
|Fungal species of Ascochyta
|Fungal species of Leptosphaeria
|Fungal species of Plasmodiophora
|Fungal species of Botrytis
|Fusarium head blight
|Fungal species of Fusarium
|Sclerotinia stem rot (white mould)
|Fungal species of Sclerotinia
|Fungal species of Rhizoctonia, Pythium
|Fungal species of Verticillium
|White leaf spot and grey stem
|Fungal species of Mycosphaerella
|White rust (stag head)
|Fungal species of Albugo
Benefits of Soil Test Results
- The results provided will allow the assessment of spore distribution to determine the risk spots across the fields.
- Detection of pathogen infestations at the earlier stage will help reduce the severity and impact of the disease and minimize crop/ plant yield loss.
- The feedback from the farmers (customers) on the questioner for the risk re-assessment checklist along with in-house weather forecast will be used to determine the disease risk.
- Custom feedbacks with suggestions to include crop treatment based on the information gathered from the testing results and modelling results to prevent the spread of crop/plant disease.