We offer a wide range of soil and crop testing services.
Soil testing and plant tissue testing:
The function of plant nutrients in crop production is well proven. There are 16 essential plant nutrients (macro and micro-nutrients). These nutrient elements have to be available to the crops in quantities as required for a yield target. Any limiting or lacking nutrient (or nutrients) will restrict crop growth.
Integrated nutrient management (INM) is a well-accepted approach for the sustainable management of soil productivity and increased crop production. To implement this approach successfully, Custom Agricultural Intelligence Inc. (CAI) have established well-equipped advanced analytical laboratory facilities for chemical analysis of soils and plants.
Accurate and timely analysis helps in determining the requirements of plant nutrients, to serve the Canadian grower more rapidly and more effectively. CAI’s laboratory has multi-nutrient analysis capabilities and is equipped with many top-notch instruments including ICP-OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma – Optical Emission Spectrometry) and CHNSO Analyzer.
- Plant Tissue Test:
Nitrogen (N), Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Potassium (K), Sodium (Na), Iron (Fe), Boron (B), Phosphorus (P), Copper (Cu), Manganese (Mn), Zinc (Zn), Sulfur (S), Aluminum (Al) and other available specialized plant tissue test.
- Soil Test:
pH (Water and Buffer), Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K), Calcium (Ca), Aluminum (Al), Magnesium (Mg), Organic Matter, Cation Exchange Capacity, Base Saturation, Sulfur (S), Zinc (Zn), Manganese (Mn), Iron (Fe), Copper (Cu), Boron (B), Total Carbon, TOC, TIC, Ammonium-N, Nitrate-N, Soluble Salt, Lime Requirement and other available specialized soil test.
Soil and crop borne microbial testing
- Paramount testing platform includes the identification and quantification of pathogens for various diseases such as (clubroot, sclerotinia, root rot, etc.).
- Our developed method identifies the exact pathogen count in very low levels to high levels of pathogen infection in soil, root and crop tissues.
- The advanced international setup of real-time PCR (qPCR) generates high-quality data which is highly specific to individual pathogens.
Benefits of test results:
- The results provided will allow the assessment of spore distribution to determine the risk spots across the fields.
- Detection of pathogen infestations at the earlier stage will help reduce the severity and impact of the disease and minimise crop/yield loss.